Monday, January 29, 2007

More Silly Quiz Results...

Why do I do this?

I have yet to figure this out, peeps. I like taking silly quizzes, but at the same time, the results are sometimes of use and often of no use at all. For example, I recently took this quiz about whether "this guy" is my soulmate—yeah, I'm dripping sarcasm too.

The quiz asked some interesting questions, like "how's your sex life?" Of course, none of the answers really fit so I chose "comfortable." Hey, screaming orgasms are comfortable! No dice for choosing "sometimes blah, sometimes 'wow,' sometimes AWOL," it wasn;t one of the choices. Overall, I'd think my sex life is pretty good. The quiz does NOT approve.

Or it asks me what we talk about after work. And for some reason, talking about what he did and what I did during the day is the wrong thing. I mean, like we're supposed to passionately discuss politics (a bad idea since we are a purple marriage) or art or something. Hey, I want to know what he did! DH tells some pretty funny stories. It's a nice way to connect after a day slaving away at the computer. It's far from a boring recitation.

The other thing that bugs me? Apparently, I'm wrong that I don't depend on DH to be my bestest friend. We're not soulmates because I get emotional support from other women instead of from him. I guess it's not wise, that I figured out a long time ago that you can't grow watermelons from tomato seeds. DH is a GUY and I like him that way. I don't ask him to be a woman and nurture me in the ways the my women friends do (or kick me in the butt like they do either). Okay, sometimes, it's difficult, but he is who he is. We're more buddies than best friends. That's cool.

So anyway, here's the upshot:

Is He Your Soulmate?


Your Results:
He might be your soulmate... here's how to tell
You have a good relationship with your guy, but you don't seem to be connected to him on a deeper level. Maybe he's kind, loving and can offer you financial security. But your romance is lacking that extra spark that can only come from being with someone who truly understands you. But don't throw your relationship away just yet. Your guy could unknowingly be your soulmate, and it may be that you just aren't allowing yourself to fully open up to him. Instead of automatically reciting the events of your day when you get home, talk to him about the subjects you're truly passionate about. Enrich your conversations and make them more meaningful, and then see how he responds. Even if he doesn't share your passions, does he understand why they mean something to you? Does he still encourage you to pursue them? If so, you just might have to dig a little more for a deeper connection. More than anything else, you should know in your heart of hearts if he's really the "one" and worth fighting for. So don't settle for "good" relationship—set your sights high and seek out the passion, intuition and soulful connection that you deserve.

So he might be my soulmate.

Darn! And we've been married for 12.5 happy years.

No comments: