Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Ego Surfing in Technicolor...

So, a friend of mine, JulieAnn Henneman got a meme from someone else and didn't know what a meme was... for those who don't, it's an idea that propagates itself across the net in a viral fashion. Anyway, the meme amused me and I decided to try it. Basically, you had to look up your own name and see what kind of images popped up. Since I can't seem to contact some of the illustrators for permission, I am only going to list links where appropriate.

I started with my nickname "dejah." It came from Burroughs Princess of Mars via Heinlein's The Number of the Best--the two Dejah's are very different characters and I reference the namesake rather than the original. But most of the art out there is of the Princess of Mars (who never seemed to wear any clothes). Of the variety of really graphic ones, I like this Dejah Thoris by comic artist Frank Cho.

Interestingly, the shorter version of my nickname "dej" brought up a wealth of unusual photos. Here's what looks like an Indian Chieftain Dejazmatch Balcha Aba Nefso:



Another was a webcam of a town in Romania called Dej.

And this, the Dale Earnhardt Jr Wishbike.

Then I went looking for my real name Mary E Tyler, and among the many images of the book cover for Google Analytics, I found this odd image of a gravestone for a woman with my exact name.

Darn, JulieAnn had a lot of interesting artwork. I get weird sex pictures, motorcycles (how apropos!) and gravestones. Not even a little lamb to temper my amusement!

2 comments:

JulieAnn said...

What do you mean nothing interesting? Sex is ALWAYS interesting! LOL Thanks for the link...xoxo

Anonymous said...

Lol, I actually live in Dej, RO. :P